Through my work at the intersection of trauma, birth, bodywork and female sexual embodiment, my aim is to reflect your inherent potency and resilience at whatever age or stage you may be. Whether you are preparing for birth, renegotiating trauma, anxiety, grief, loss, relationship and other transitions, dealing with health challenges, or immersed in embodiment & self-inquiry, I can offer you a clear, flexible and intentional container for your process.
Our bodies and feelings are access points to simple but profound wisdom. However, this body intelligence is sadly eroded by our fast-paced way of life.
I help clients to reconnect with these inner reference points as they reverse the symptoms of trauma or navigate the perinatal journey.
I believe our greatest longings as humans is that of meaningful connection
– with ourselves and with one another –
and that we thrive best with a clear sense of purpose and the right kind of support at pivotal times in our lives.
Following a career as a speech pathologist I chose to transition into the complimentary field and have worked as a bodymind practitioner for over fifteen years.
I have added a range of modalities to my repertoire from the bodywork, counselling, trauma, peri-natal and women’s embodiment fields. My deep thirst for learning persists to this day as I seek to continually refine my knowledge and skills in all that I offer.
A large part of my work focusses on trauma prevention and resolution. Among my callings is to support families through their perinatal journey in a trauma-sensitive way so that newborn babies receive the blueprint of safety and close attunement to set them up for a lifetime of thriving.
I bring all of my skills and experience to this intention, whether it is through personal sessions, couples’ sessions, perinatal packages, retreat days, classes or online courses.
I draw continually on my own transformational experiences of birthing my two sons and my body memory of the unbridled power and exhilaration of birth.
I view birth as a sacred and powerful rite of passage
for all concerned – baby, mother, partner –
and that they all require a level of engagement and support in the transition.
Birth by necessity takes us out of our comfort zones to step into the unknown with deep courage and trust.
And so I see it as an exquisite portal for mothers to birth new versions of themselves well beyond their wildest dreams or the limitations of their self-doubting minds.
It’s a time to discover that their softness and fierceness can completely co-exist, and that it’s an act of courage and not weakness to express their vulnerability and ask for support.
All of this I learnt the hard way through my personal journey with post-natal anxiety.
And this, in turn, led me to seek more answers and a career path in working with trauma and anxiety.
I now dedicate to helping people rediscover places of aliveness, coherence and expansion inside themselves as they journey through trauma, anxiety and chronic conditions with a new kind of awareness and resilience.
This then translates to greater freedom and choice to respond to life in novel and empowered ways.
My qualifications & trainings to date include:
- Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner training – Ariel Giaretto & Berns Galloway,
- Touch Skills Training For Trauma Therapists (Somatic Practice) – Kathy Kain
- Neuro Affective Touch – Aline Lapierre (in training)
- Holistic Counselling – Brenda Sutherland
- Dip. Counselling – AIPC (completing 2018)
- The Core Of Sexuality Trauma workshops – Ariel Giaretto
- Couples’ Engagement workshop – Ariel Giaretto
- When Survivors Give Birth Workshop – Jenn Fontaine
- Therapeutic Application Of The Polyvagal Theory – Anthony Twig Wheeler
- Building Fluency Of SE Language – Anthony Twig Wheeler
- Attachment Mastery Program – Diane Poole Heller
- Healing Sexual Trauma – Peter Levine & Diane Poole Heller
- Internal Family Systems – Ricahrd Schwartz
- The Teachings Of Ray Castellino – Ray Castellino
- Healing PreBirth and Birth (It’s Never Too Late) – Mia Kalef
- Prematurity (a transdicipliary approach to understanding the baby’s experience) – Kate White
- How To Work With Shame – NICABM
- Expert Strategies For Working With Anxiety
- COVID, ICU and Ventilator Trauma – Peter Levine
- Dip. Integrative Bodywork – Robert Kain
- Dip. Remedial Massage – East-West College
- Dip. Pregnancy Massage – Catherine McInerney
- Lomilomi Hawaiian Bodywork – Tracey Lakainapali
- Hawaiian Hot Stone Massage – Sue Lee
- Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body – Lynn Schulte
- Holistic Treatment of the Postpartum Body – Lynn Schulte
- Creative Ways Of Making Space For Baby Workshops, Parts 1 & 2 – Jenny Blyth & Fiona Hallinan
- Spinning Babies Workshop – Ginny Phang
- Birth Work Meets Spinning Babies & Fasciatherapy Workshop – Jenny Blyth, Fiona Hallinan, Gail Tully & Marcello Windolph
- Uro-genital Training Workshop – Natalie Lejeune
- Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Therapy Self-care Workshop – Andrea Lopez
- Psoas During Pregnancy, Birth & Postpartum – Liz Koch
- Aromatic Kinesiology® 1, 2 & 3 Workshops – Robbi Zeck
- Reiki Level 1 Training – Sean Jago
- Birth Doula Training – Anna Papadakis & Sunderai Felich
- Newborn Mothers Postpartum Doula Training – Julia Jones
- Birth Education Training – Royal Women’s, Melbourne
- Birth Hypnosis Training – Anna Papadakis
- Spiritual Midwifery Training – Rachana Shivam
- Shamanic Dimensions Of Pregnancy Workshop – Jane Hardwicke Collings
- Ecstatic Birth Practitioner – Sheila Kamara Hay
Female Sexual Embodiment
- Tigress Yoga Instructor Training – Devashi Shakti
- Sacred Female Yoga Teacher – Devashi Shakti
- Yoni Massage Practitioner – Mangala Holland
- Jade Egg Mastery – Saida Desilet
- Autumn Woman Harvest Queen Workshop – Jane Hardwicke Collings
- OBliss – Layla Martin
- Non Linear Movement Method (in training) – Michaela Boehme & Steve James
- B. Appl. Sci. (Speech Pathology)
- M. Myotherapy & Massage Australia
If you are curious to find out more, feel free to book a complimentary 30-minute consult to see if we are good fit to working together:
An Urban Sanctuary
Click to scroll
Choosing Nisha to be our doula was one of the most enlightened decisions we made. Having her support in the lead up to birth, during labour and in the weeks following the arrival of our daughter was invaluable. Nisha’s heart and soul are in her work. Her love, sensibility and intuition helped me to tap into my feminine power and climb the mountain that is labour and birth. It was Nisha’s wise whispers of encouragement during labour that helped me find my strength and self-belief to keep going and birth my angel girl exactly as I’d envisaged.
I have known Nisha for several years and am amazed at the serenity I
experience in sessions. Nisha has wonderful gifts from the healing arts. She is exceptionally intuitive in her counselling and has helped me to trust in myself. Through Somatic Experiencing and bodywork we have begun to unravel trauma that I have been carrying heavily for over four decades. Nisha is a truly gifted healer.
Nisha's loving and nurturing touch is a treasure to experience whilst
pregnant and is quite unlike many other pregnancy massages I've experienced. Nisha goes far and beyond to ensure you leave feeling relaxed and completely nurtured.
Primal Mama provided the space for me to go exactly where I felt called to in my birth preparation - out of my head and into my body, pleasure and primal nature and birthing instincts. Such valuable places to connect with as I prepare to birth my first child, particularly these days with so much information bombarding birthing women and keeping us in our thinking mind.
Thank you, Nisha for offering this space!
I was immediately drawn to the Birthing Bliss retreat day for it’s physical, cognitive, emotional and spiritual content. Nisha brings a great range of credentials and experience, and her passion for women’s work, natural warmth and openness made me feel safe and confident in the space.
Nisha took us on a journey of self-discovery and self-empowerment while nurturing our intuition and primal instincts. It was a perfect mixture of learning practical techniques, expressing feelings, deep relaxation and connecting with other like-minded mothers. An extremely valued experience that I wish I’d found in my first pregnancy.
I would highly recommend this day to all women no matter how they plan to birth. They will definitely take something special from it.
At five months of my pregnancy, I took the time to nurture myself and my growing belly and was so thankful I did.
My experience with Nisha was lush, gentle, loving and attentive – all the things an aching, pregnant body needs.
To say I was completely moosh after the session is an understatement.
The experience was unlike any other bodywork I’ve tried before. It touched and uplifted me on emotional, physical and energetic levels. The impact remained for some days after.
Nisha has an unquestionable gift as a bodyworker and counsellor. Her knowledge, commitment to her clients and passion for her work is evident in her presence.