Nurturing you through your next evolution
whether you’re birthing a baby,
or a new version of yourself in the wake of trauma
I work as an holistic trauma and peri-natal practitioner
I’m passionate about supporting women to experience their potency
through the profound intelligence of their bodies.
Discover how I can best help you
These services are delivered in a fluid and flexible way to meet you wherever you may be on your path.
My work is inspired by the understanding that we are mammals at our core with
intricate nervous systems which are pleasure-seeking and threat-averse.
Our instincts are often highly accurate in helping us navigate our lives,
defining our true boundaries and guiding our moment-to-moment choices.
Our bodies and emotions tell stories of their own, quite different to the narratives our minds can sometimes spin.
When we listen closely to them, we can unravel repeating patterns, tensions and traumas in a gentle way.
But more often than not, we override our body’s messages with our logical reasoning, old grooves of behaviour and the need to conform socially.
Whether you’re birthing a baby or a new version of yourself, I can offer you some tailored and highly effective tools to make a profound difference.
Their flavour is primal and often hands-on with the aim of connecting you to your own somatic intelligence.
My offerings are delivered online via Zoom as well as in a suburban sanctuary in Melbourne, Australia. The pace is unhurried, the atmosphere calming, and the experience one of being utterly nourished on all levels of your being.
It’s a space in which you can be assured of full confidentiality so that you feel seen, heard and held within a deep container of safety.
And it is from here that you can begin to create resilience so that you invite greater freedom and aliveness in your body and your one precious life.
I work with women who…
- want to experience greater feelings of aliveness, balance & connection through resolving trauma and anxiety
- value that working “slower is faster” when creating new grooves in the wake of trauma and chronic unwellness
- gravitate to mind-body approaches to trauma resolution, wellbeing and birth preparation
- want to discover the instinctual intelligence of their bodies, in healing from trauma as well as in birth
- are inspired by the transformative power of birth
- would like a felt sense of calm and clarity as they relinquish self-doubt and fear in pregnancy, birth & parenthood
- believe that newborn babies are highly sensitive & aware beings, and how they enter the world will set a lasting imprint for their lives
- would like to explore the possibility of an expansive if not ecstatic birthing experience
- would like to learn tools which help them access the primal trance of birth where instincts can work their magic
- view their sensuality and sexuality as potent birthing tools as well as portals to transcendent states
- value a tailored professional approach & a “one-stop shop” for a variety of their pregnancy, birth & post-natal needs
- appreciate the need for an holistic postnatal service which addresses their physical, psycho-emotional, energetic and spiritual needs in a deeply nurturing way
- believe that their self-care and wellbeing are not negotiable and directly impact those with whom they are intimately connected
- are willing to take responsibility for the changes they desire in their lives
“Nisha’s loving and nurturing touch is a treasure to experience whilst pregnant and is quite unlike many other pregnancy massages I’ve experienced. Nisha goes far and beyond to ensure you leave feeling relaxed and completely nurtured.”
“At five months of my pregnancy, I took the time to nurture myself and my growing belly and was so thankful I did.
My experience with Nisha was lush, gentle, loving and attentive – all the things an aching, pregnant body needs.
To say I was completely moosh after the session is an understatement.”
“The experience was unlike any other bodywork I’ve tried before. It touched and uplifted me on emotional, physical and energetic levels. The impact remained for some days after.
Nisha has an unquestionable gift as a bodyworker and counsellor. Her knowledge, commitment to her clients and passion for her work is evident in her presence.”
“I have known Nisha for several years and am amazed at the serenity I experience in sessions. Nisha has wonderful gifts from the healing arts. She is exceptionally intuitive in her counselling and has helped me to trust in myself. Through Somatic Experiencing and bodywork we have begun to unravel trauma that I have been carrying heavily for over four decades. Nisha is a truly gifted practitioner.”
“Primal Mama provided the space for me to go exactly where I felt called to in my birth preparation – out of my head and into my body, pleasure and primal nature and birthing instincts. Such valuable places to connect with as I prepare to birth my first child, particularly these days with so much information bombarding birthing women and keeping us in our thinking mind.
Thank you, Nisha for offering this space!”
“Nisha brings a great range of credentials and experience, and her passion for women’s work, natural warmth and openness made me feel safe and confident in the space.
Nisha took me on a journey of self-discovery and self-empowerment while nurturing my intuition and primal instincts. She taught a perfect mixture of practical techniques, expressing feelings, deep relaxation and connection.
I would highly recommend Nisha to all women. They will definitely take something special working with her.”
“Choosing Nisha to be our doula was one of the most enlightened decisions we made. Having her support in the lead up to birth, during labour and in the weeks following the arrival of our daughter was invaluable. Nisha’s heart and soul are in her work. Her love, sensibility and intuition helped me to tap into my feminine power and climb the mountain that is labour and birth. It was Nisha’s wise whispers of encouragement during labour that helped me find my strength and self-belief to keep going and birth my angel girl exactly as I’d envisaged.”
Birth Trauma Quiz
Trauma can feel like a heavy word for some but it simply describes a lasting response to an overwhelming situation which occurred in the past. If you are unsure whether you have symptoms of birth trauma, take this quiz to help you gain some clarity.
Birthing In The Wake Of Sexual TraumaGiven that one in three females have reportedly experienced sexual trauma and that trauma is present on a continuum, we can assume that this topic applies to...
Fawning In Birth: A Sign Of Self-ProtectionLaura is thirty-seven and has just had her first baby. Up until now, she had been immersed in her career of eighteen years, and from the outside looking...
Doing Sex Differently After Birth: Opportunity, not Threat Birth rearranges a woman on every level. Clichéd as this sounds, the changes have to be experienced firsthand to be truly appreciated....