Serving you in your unique transformationwhether you’re birthing a baby, or a new version of yourself in the wake of trauma
I work as a holistic trauma and peri-natal practitioner.
I’m passionate about supporting women to experience their potency through the profound wisdom of their bodies.
These services are delivered in a fluid and flexible way to meet you wherever you may be on your path.
My work is inspired by the wisdom that we are mammals at our core with intricate nervous systems which are pleasure-seeking and threat-averse.
Our instincts are often highly accurate in helping us navigate our lives, defining our true boundaries and guiding our moment-to-moment choices.
Our bodies and emotions often tell stories of their own, quite different to those that our minds do.
When we listen closely to them, we can unravel repeating patterns, tensions and traumas in a gentle way.
But more often than not, we override our body’s messages with our logical reasoning, old grooves of behaviour and the need to conform socially.
I work with women who…
- want to experience greater feelings of aliveness, balance & connection through resolving trauma and anxiety
- value that working “slower is in fact faster” when creating new grooves in the wake of trauma and chronic unwellness
- gravitate to mind-body approaches to trauma resolution, wellbeing and birth preparation
- want to discover the instinctual intelligence of their bodies, in healing from trauma as well as in birth
- are inspired by the transformative power of birth
- would like a felt sense of calm and clarity as they release self-doubt and fear in pregnancy, birth & parenthood
- believe that newborn babies are highly sensitive & aware beings and how they enter the world will set a lasting imprint for their lives
- would like to explore the possibility of an expansive if not ecstatic birthing experience
- would like to learn tools which help them access the primal zone of birth where instincts can work their magic
- view their sensuality and sexuality as potent birthing tools as well as portals to transcendent states
- value a tailored professional approach & a “one-stop shop” for a variety of their pregnancy, birth & post-natal needs
- appreciate the need for a holistic postnatal service which addresses their physical, psycho-emotional, energetic and spiritual needs in a deeply nurturing way
- believe that their self-care and wellbeing are not negotiable and directly impact those with whom they are intimately connected
- are willing to take responsibility for the changes they desire in their lives
Whether you’re birthing a baby or a new version of yourself, I can offer you some tailored and highly effective tools to make a difference.
Their flavour is primal and often hands-on with the aim of connecting you to your own somatic wisdom.
My offerings are delivered in a suburban Melbourne sanctuary where the pace is slow and gentle, the atmosphere calming, and the experience one of being utterly nourished on all levels.
It’s a place where you can fully trust, lay down your burdens, and be safely seen, heard and held.
And it is from here that you can create resilience and invite the possibility of greater freedom and aliveness on all levels.
“Nisha’s loving and nurturing touch is a treasure to experience whilst pregnant and is quite unlike many other pregnancy massages I’ve experienced. Nisha goes far and beyond to ensure you leave feeling relaxed and completely nurtured.”
“At five months of my pregnancy, I took the time to nurture myself and my growing belly and was so thankful I did.
My experience with Nisha was lush, gentle, loving and attentive – all the things an aching, pregnant body needs.
To say I was completely moosh after the session is an understatement.”
“The experience was unlike any other bodywork I’ve tried before. It touched and uplifted me on emotional, physical and energetic levels. The impact remained for some days after.
Nisha has an unquestionable gift as a bodyworker and counsellor. Her knowledge, commitment to her clients and passion for her work is evident in her presence.”
“I have known Nisha for several years and am amazed at the serenity I experience in sessions. Nisha has wonderful gifts from the healing arts. She is exceptionally intuitive in her counselling and has helped me to trust in myself. Through Somatic Experiencing and bodywork we have begun to unravel trauma that I have been carrying heavily for over four decades. Nisha is a truly gifted healer.”
“Primal Mama provided the space for me to go exactly where I felt called to in my birth preparation – out of my head and into my body, pleasure and primal nature and birthing instincts. Such valuable places to connect with as I prepare to birth my first child, particularly these days with so much information bombarding birthing women and keeping us in our thinking mind.
Thank you, Nisha for offering this space!”
“Nisha brings a great range of credentials and experience, and her passion for women’s work, natural warmth and openness made me feel safe and confident in the space.
Nisha took me on a journey of self-discovery and self-empowerment while nurturing my intuition and primal instincts. She taught a perfect mixture of practical techniques, expressing feelings, deep relaxation and connection.
I would highly recommend Nisha to all women. They will definitely take something special working with her.”
“Choosing Nisha to be our doula was one of the most enlightened decisions we made. Having her support in the lead up to birth, during labour and in the weeks following the arrival of our daughter was invaluable. Nisha’s heart and soul are in her work. Her love, sensibility and intuition helped me to tap into my feminine power and climb the mountain that is labour and birth. It was Nisha’s wise whispers of encouragement during labour that helped me find my strength and self-belief to keep going and birth my angel girl exactly as I’d envisaged.”
All workshops are held at Pulse, 149B Glenlyon Road, Brunswick VIC
Birth Trauma Quiz
Trauma can feel like a heavy word for some but it simply describes a lasting response to an overwhelming situation which occurred in the past. If you are unsure whether you have symptoms of birth trauma, take this quiz as a guide to where you might stand.
Birthworker Self-regulation: Adding Solutions, Not Problems Birth professionals, no matter the title they go by or where they might work, have the potential to dramatically affect the experience of...
Normalising Birth Trauma in Partners I have recently worked with a series of partners, one after the other, who have been traumatized as they supported their birthing partner through the birth of...
Birth Trauma Healing Via Somatic Experiencing® Birth trauma is sadly all too common. And the statistic of one in three births is likely to be the very tip of the iceberg. The symptoms of birth...